The Coast Guard and other agencies are searching for a missing woman, who was reportedly swept by currents off Rialto Beach Monday in Clallam County, Washington.
Watchstanders at Coast Guard Sector Puget Sound received a report at 10:50 a.m. of a 26-year-old woman, who was swept from the beach. The missing person was described to be wearing a pink sweater and black pants.
Coast Guard Watchstanders directed the launch of two helicopter aircrews and one land search party to search for the missing person.
At approximately 5 p.m., State Park Rangers reported they had located the body of a deceased person matching the description of the missing woman. Coast Guard helicopter aircrews searched approximately 51 square miles for over 5 hours.
Involved with the search were:
- An MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter aircrew from Coast Guard Air Station Astoria
- An MH-65 Dolphin helicopter aircrew from Coast Guard Air Station Port Angeles
- A land search party from Coast Guard Station Quillayute River
- Clallam County Sheriff's Office
- La Push Tribal Police Department
- The Olympic National Park Search and Rescue Team
Anyone with information pertaining to this search is asked to contact the Coast Guard Sector Puget Sound Command Center at (206) 217-6001.